Well June certainly got away on me! What happened?? I can only really blame being stressed at work, the amount of work to do for the end of June is quite horrendeous… It’s now July and things haven’t got much better.
Work are looking into moving me into another role, and this has been in the works for a good four weeks now. The reason for the change is that I was going to leave to go to a competitor, and when they found out they offered me another role with a bit (a tiny, teensy bit…) more money. [Sigh…] And there have been complications. Or should I say, a complication, in the form of someone quite high up, and also on a mighty high horse. Politics can ruin any workplace, and I think these people are now starting to find out that it may not be a good idea to bend to every difficult person’s (unrealistic) needs and wants. That person is spiteful and petty, greedy, and, I’d quite freely use the word EVIL here, since she has nothing to gain from being like this at all – it’s certainly not advancing her career and hopefully will soon enough backfire on her. It wouldn’t hurt the bosses to grow a back bone either🙂. There’s only so much Sandy the team leader can do to make work a happier place when there are people like the Wicked Witch around.
There! A bit of venting never hurt anyone, especially when it’s done anynomously!🙂
But let me now conduct a mini interview of myself:
1) Finnkiwi, what movies have you seen lately – anything good? – Yes I’ve seen a few movies, both in the cinema and on DVD. Walk The Line, The Ax, As It Is In Heaven, Waiting and Superman Returns are all worth watching in my opinion. I especially love foreign subtitled movies, having grown up watching TV with subtitles. And I discovered I can still follow a conversation in Swedish, and even a little in French. A less impressive flick worth mentioning is that silly ghost movie, what was it, Just Like Heaven? With Reese Witherspoon and the gormless new romantic interest (well, Tom Hanks is getting quite old) Mark Ruffalo.
2) Finnkiwi, what are you listening to at the moment? – Anything from Kelly Clarkson to Jose Gonzalez, but what I’d like to be listening to are the Fatboy Slim and Massive Attack compilations, both with a bit of oomph.
3) Finnkiwi, what have you been up to between working and .. well, working? – Gnome and I have been looking for our first house, and that takes some time and effort. Having lived together already for so many years, I didn’t think it would be so hard to agree on places to live! But yes, it is… I already moved into one of the houses in my head, only to discover Gnome wasn’t even remotely interested in it😦. Other than that, there has been a lot of book reading and movie watching, the occasional brunch (hungover or not) and a bit of shopping.
4) Finnkiwi, what have you read lately? – I’ve just started another Jodi Picoult book, The Tenth Circle, and am undecided on it. Her books are always so emotionally complicated.. But she is still one of my favourite writers. Before that I read Kathy Lette’s How To Kill Your Husband (and other handy household hints), hilarious! And Valerie Frankel’s Hex and the Single Girl, good fun. Before that it was probably another Jodi Picoult – I should give her books a rest and read some less complicated books! Like Marian Keyes… yep, chick lit.
5) Finnkiwi, what would you take to a desert island? – To keep it simple, a lot of sunscreen as I burn easily (desert island meaning somewhere hot, right?), a hunting dog for those pesky little pigs that seem to be on every deserted island, a machete for coconuts and self defence, and matches in a weatherproof container… And my MP3 player, hopefully by the time I get stranded on this island there are solar powered MP3 players! What else do you need…. Musicwise my ever-expanding Top 10 (more like Top 100) would keep me entertained.
6) Finnkiwi, what super power would you like to have? – Don’t get me started here, umm, Finnkiwi! Flight would be good, so would invisibility. And X ray vision…?
Now I’m off, puss & kram.